Moving, Work, and Urgent Care Visits


What a month.

I don’t even know where to begin. So much has happened since the last time I wrote on here! For starters, I am currently writing to you all from a little cafe outside of Seattle. Why am I in Seattle you may ask? Well, for work!

Ian and I recently moved up to Portland after Ian received a job offer there. It just made more sense for us to move to Portland rather than staying in the Bay Area. That being said, my rent is now (more than) half the cost of my apartment from the Bay. That’s huge.Β  It’s going to be so much easier saving up πŸ™‚

Winston posing in front of the moving truck

With Ian’s new job, I requested to transfer offices and was approved to work in Portland’s office with the condition that I help our Seattle office out as well. So, that explains why I am here in Seattle!

Urgent Care Chronicles

Unfortunately, I am travelling for work.. and sick. Honestly, it has been extremely rough. I began feeling “off” this past Friday but did not think anything of it. I was a little more tired than usual and had a headache. I figured I was just tired from moving, going to a wedding, unpacking, and working. However, when I woke up Saturday morning my throat was beginning to hurt and my headache was worsening. Still, I shrugged it off and assumed it was my allergies. I was so wrong!

By the time Saturday night rolled around, my tonsils were swollen and clearly infected. My lymph nodes were swollen as well, and my head felt horrible. Ian and I then went into an Urgent Care, which ended up not being helpful. They tested me for strep and after the results turned out negative, they gave me an oral steroid and told me that whatever I had would go away on its own.


I flew out Sunday night for my Monday meeting, had my flight delayed, and ended up arriving to my hotel by 1 am. It was awesome. That next morning, I felt horrible.. and to make matters worse.. I decided to walk in heels to the office.. downtown Seattle. Now, for those of you who are not familiar with Seattle, let me just tell you: do not wear heels there. The hills were awful to walk down in heels.

By the time I made it to the office, I felt lightheaded and my throat and head were hurting me more than ever. I still have no idea how I made it through my meeting that lasted 6 hours. To make things even worse, I began getting the chills during the last few hours of my meeting. I guess I was just a mess haha!

It wasn’t until I woke up yesterday morning and coughed up a little blood (TMI, sorry!) that I realized I needed to slow down and go back to an urgent care. This time, I walked out with a prescription. The doctor diagnosed me with a Bacterial Sinusitis, which after looking at the symptoms, I think I may actually have? I do not know. My symptoms could really be anything haha.

My symptoms were:

  • Headache
  • Sore throat
  • Enlarged tonsils (with lovely white specs, yay!)
  • Swollen lymph nodes
  • Swollen gums
  • Fever & chills
  • Fatigue

After taking the antibiotic for just over 24 hours, my symptoms are now:

  • Sore throat
  • Enlarged tonsils
  • Swollen lymph nodes
  • Swollen gums

So, I still don’t feel the greatest.. but hey, it’s progress. At least my head feels ok!

That being said, I had to miss my remaining meetings in Seattle. Which was a bummer, considering that I flew out to Seattle for my meetings.. and ended up sick and alone in a hotel room.

img_6080On the bright side, the view from my hotel was pretty freaking cool.

Life Happenings

Ok, so besides being sick, things have been pretty sweet. I have been running around a lot lately, which may be why my immune system is struggling.. but I am so happy with my decision to make the leap to move to Portland.

The actual move was pretty exhausting, especially when we had a wedding to go to the very next morning, ha! However, Ian and I had an absolute blast at his brother’s wedding πŸ™‚

dsc07135The wedding was outside and it was gorgeous out that day! It was a very laid back wedding, but it was so much fun!

dsc07174I also had a lot of fun taking pictures of Ian and his family on his brother’s special day! Everyone was so happy, which made taking photos so easy πŸ™‚



I also learned that drinking two glasses of wine and taking benadryl is not a good idea.. especially when at a wedding haha. My allergies were pretty bad during the wedding so I quickly popped a benadryl without thinking about how drowsy it would make me. The after affect? Refer to the photo above. I was using all of my energy to keep myself awake!

Besides the wedding, I have been setting up the apartment, hanging out with Ian and some of his friends from high school (they are they coolest bunch of guys), trying out new recipes, and exploring Portland. If I get better by this weekend, fingers crossed, Ian and I might go to the beach! That was our plan until I got sick at least, so I really hope we can still do it πŸ™‚

Anywho, kudos to any of you who actually made it through this long post! Hope everyone is doing well and is healthy!


One thought on “Moving, Work, and Urgent Care Visits

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s