Welcome to my corner of the internet!
About Britt’s Caffeinated Chronicles
In 2016, I created this blog as a way to share my adventures, thoughts, and experiences while studying abroad in Lille, France. I hoped to have this blog serve as a way in which my friends and family could keep up with me, as well as guide those of you who may consider traveling and/or studying abroad.
Since starting Britt’s Caffeinated Chronicles back in 2016, I have graduated from college, met my wonderful then boyfriend and now fiancé, got a puppy named Winston, and moved to Portland, Oregon! While I am no longer in college and studying in a foreign country, I plan to keep things fun around here by posting about my adventures living in a new city as a young professional and maybe suggesting a good beer or two!
What to expect from my posts: lots of confusion, pictures of coffee, me thinking I’m funny, local recommendations, recent discoveries and learnings, travel recaps, and some slightly awkward situations I get myself into ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Who am I?
So, for those of you who do not already know me, my name is Brittany. I was born in the East Coast of the United States but found myself growing up in the Midwest and then studying in California… and then moving to Oregon. So I guess you can say, I’m a little all over the place literally and figuratively speaking.
Besides traveling and exploring, I love spending time with my dog and fiancé, drinking a good cup o’ Joe, calling my mom (hi mom, you’re pretty cool I guess), making crazy smoothies, laughing, quoting Neature Walk, taking photos of absolutely anything and everything, telling lame jokes, exploring, and talking a lot #sorrynotsorry.
Fun Facts ~
Just a few fun facts to help you all get to know me a little better:
- Favorite Musicians – Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Nat King Cole, John Mayer, Mumford & Sons, Florence & the Machine, Jack Johnson, Shakey Graves, Charli XCX, Lizzo, and more! Those are just a few of my favorites 🙂 My music taste is kind of all over the place!
- Favorite Food – ANYTHING butternut squash. I have been obsessed with butternut squash since I was a baby 😂
- Food I Dislike – shrimp. I absolutely hate everything about shrimp. Its smell grosses me out and I just can’t seem to get into it’s flavor.
- My Hobbies – photography, travelling, telling lame jokes, spending time with my family & friends, calling my mom, cooking, baking, cuddling with Winston, annoying Ian 😉
- Favorite International Travel Destination: I absolutely adored visiting Norway & Denmark (especially Copenhagen). I also am in love with Germany, so I really would like to go back and explore Germany more AND to visit my friends there. I also have a special place in my heart for France after living in Lille for a semester. This is a tough one! The world is too big to have just one favorite destination!
- Wedding Date – Ian and I are getting married 10-10-2020 and I am so excited!!
Want to reach me? Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org OR say hello in the comments section of my posts 🙂
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you stick around for the ride!