Seeing that I used to work downtown Sunnyvale, I figured that I would throw together a list of places that I enjoyed visiting as well as a few places that I hadn’t had the chance to explore but have heard great things about!
Things to Do
- Walk down Historic Murphy Avenue & Grab a bite to eat in one of the many cozy restaurants there
- Visit the Sunnyvale Farmers Market – market is open on Saturdays from 9am – 1pm. Stroll down Murphy Ave and chat with local vendors. Maybe even pick up a bouquet of flowers 💐
- Enjoy the outdoors at Las Palmas Park – this park is also very dog friendly and has an off-leash area.
- Get your history on at the Heritage Park Museum where the famous Murphy family home remains. Visit the museum to learn more about Sunnyvale’s history and how this town came to be.
Places to Eat
- Metro City – this was probably my favorite place to stop by after work and meet up with one of my best friends. Their happy hour was a great deal and their food never disappointed. Not to mention, they sell an Icelandic beer that is out of this world.
- DishDash – one of the most popular Mediterranean restaurants in the area
Think I am missing a spot? Comment below and I will be sure to add it to this guide!